Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Start With Why- Why I Want To Be A Teacher

Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action

People don't buy what you do but why you do it.”

Why do I want to become a teacher?
I want to become a teacher because I believe that children are the future, this is very true yet predictable. I believe that I can inspire and provide a service to students, parents, and the community. In many ways I want my students to know that I am there for them and no one else, yes teaching is a job and compensation comes with that, but anyone can work and make money. Choosing what I want to do, based on what I think will make me happy and fulfilled. I want to be inspire and inspire myself.

How I want to be a teacher?
I want to be influential, fun, and make school interesting. Being dedicated to school issues, sports, and activities. I will be a effective teacher by using the necessary skills of effective teaching such as:
  1. Instructional Strategies
  2. Goal Setting
  3. Classroom Management
  4. Motivational Skills
  5. Communication Skills
  6. Technological Skills

What I want to do?
I want to be a teacher. What I want to become is the proof of what I believe. Yes I might be a great teacher someday. But what will make me a great teacher, it could be that I am good at explaining the curriculum, or it could be that I inspire student to become better people themselves. These students want to learn because it gives them greater understanding of the world, like what it expects of them, and how they can change it.

What is the recipe for success?
Sinek talks about the recipe for success, I am not the smartest,or brightest, I don't have connections or money. But I proven to myself that I can get somewhere based on what I choose to do and the people who have taken me away from the things that corrupt me, I can take the bad and do my best to make it positive, I cannot say that I have become a success but I hope I will someday get there. I think that pushing students to succeed can produce great people, being part of a process in someones life is an amazing feeling. To me the recipe of success is not having all the power, money, and intelligence, its having people in your life who push you to succeed, people who believe what you believe and that is you. As a teacher I believe in the students and they should believe in themselves.


Start From The Inside Out
Simon Sinek's Bullseye
What (Outside)
How(Middle)
Why(Centre)
My topic is based on this video shown in my EDPY 200 class. Not all information displayed is not my own, some stated in class, text or this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment